Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Thursday, 27 December 2012

Back to Work

With Christmas over and a few days to go until new year I am back to working on the sequel to Deadly to Love. I planned on getting back to writing today and completing another chapter but that didn't happen. Instead I thought I'd ease myself back in gently, I mean I have been watching Christmas movies, eating and being around my family for the past week so didn't want to tax my brain too much. To solve this problem I decided to create the map for the new book instead as the story is going to move from Mavera to the Stacana Islands as well.

It took me a lot longer than I thought it would to complete the map as I had to try and decipher my plan (I really should make notes in full sentences so I can understand it anytime and not just when I write it). Once I'd figured out what I'd written I had to come up with a few new place names and try and figure out what should go where on the map in relation to the journey Kai, Serena and a few others are taking. Talk about not straining my brain, it ended up being harder than writing a chapter as I had to consider the whole book rather than just a section of the plan. 

Map

I have also been featured on the amazing website The Magic of Words so go check it out, there are some great reads and images on there! http://www.whenwordsbecomemagic.com/mia-hoddell.html

1 comment:

  1. Mia,found you on my blogsite can't wait to read one of your books. Will be happy to review it after I've read it. Good luck on the sequel DEADLY TO LOVE.

    Also, check out his new author I just came across, http://www.morgankwyatt.com/ Her book UNDERCOVER REBEL will be released in paperback within the next 4 days. (I am not Morgan K. Wyatt, in case you think I'm plugging my own books. :-) )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates