Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Saturday, 12 January 2013

The Story Behind The Flawless

The Flawless - The Second Book in 'The Wanderer Trilogy'

Blurb:
The Flawless – the second book in The Wanderer Trilogy.
A battle is going to arise soon; The Sheol and The Flawless will come together but only one can survive to continue their manipulation of humankind. The Wanderers have to decide whether to summon the courage to fight so they can save themselves from eternal unrest or whether they like being lost, immortal souls. Nachtmahr is upgrading his Sturmmen to create more ruthless and efficient killers due to interference from The Sheol, while Kala is becoming darker; her rage consuming her as she strives to fulfil her own personal mission...Kill Nachtmahr.

Writing the Book
OK, so this book took me a lot less time to write and there are probably a few reasons as to why this was the case.

1.     I already knew all of the characters and had plans of them in place so I only had to come up with a few minor character names (which I found easy).
2.     I knew that  wanted to write a sequel and had an idea of where the story was leading me.
3.     I planned everything from the beginning unlike with The Sheol.
4.     I knew that writing is what I want to do so I prioritized writing The Flawless over everything else.
5.     I had been through the process once so there was a lot less figuring stuff out and googling.
The process I went through to write the book was pretty much the same however it was a lot more intense and rigorous. I made sure that I wrote at least 3000 words a day and would set myself food based targets (i.e I would not eat lunch until I had written 700words). On the final day of writing the first draft I wrote for 12hours straight and did about 20,000 words as I was so keen to finish it. I must say if anyone thinks sitting at a desk for that amount of time is easy then your wrong... I felt so tired by the end of it and my brain was hurting from thinking so much but the excitement of finishing the first draft overwhelmed these feelings. 


The formatting was pretty painless as I already had the HTML codes and knew what I was doing however the cover for the paperback copies did cause me a few problems as the title wouldn't fit. I did learn a lesson (the hard way) though, which was to save all original files as when I went back to try and edit the cover I could only find a Jpeg and not the original. This led me to have to recreate the cover from scratch, even though I had no idea what I did in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates