Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Sunday, 7 April 2013

Back in a Routine & Under Construction

If you follow me on Twitter you may have noticed that I have finally got back into writing this week and all I can say is... I didn't realise how much I missed writing until I picked it back up. I mean, I knew I missed it a bit and wanted to start again but due to my final A-Level exams coming up in June everything has been crazy with course work and revision so obviously my writing has taken a back seat in the past few months. As well as this, the on going book tour for Deadly to Love has had me rushed off my feet as I try to fit everything into my already packed schedule.

However with all the content now sent out and two weeks off I have finally got back to writing Elemental Killers #2, completing about 21,000 words in the past two day. When I left it I had got up to chapter 4 so the task of having to read everything through without editing it only helped in putting me off starting again. On Friday though, I told myself that I would not pick up a new book to read (even though I got a new box full in the post this morning) until I had finished at least one chapter and now I don't think I'll be reading again for at least the next weeks.

My goal is to finish the first draft of Elemental Killers #2 by at least the end of April, so once again I won't be sleeping for awhile as I find the best time to write is in the early hours of the morning when no one else is up to distract me.

When I started writing again today, I could feel the smile on my face getting bigger and bigger. With all the stress I'm under lately I had forgotten how happy getting lost in my thoughts and books made me. Combined with the reappearance of the sun, this week looks like it's going to be a good week, filled with lots of writing!

Under Contstruction


As you may have noticed I am changing the design of my blog again. There are still a few things left to be done so please excuse the mess while I sort it out over the next few days. I'm fitting it in around my writing which take priority but it will get done...eventually.

I'd love to hear what you think as well so leave me a comment, I love reading them!


*As a side note, to everyone who entered to win a copy of Deadly to Love on the tour, I will be announcing the winner in the next week or so, so keep an eye on your email. I also have something planned for everyone who entered, even if they are not the main winner so everyone will be getting something!

2 comments:

  1. I like the new layout :)

    And I totally know what you mean about taking a forced writing hiatus. I've been like that for over two months now. And now when I'm ready to go back to work, my allergies have decided to wage war on my ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penelope!

    I'm just waiting for my gap year that begins in June. Nothing but writing and reading maybe a little travelling for a year and a half. It sounds perfect right about now :)

    Nice blog by the way, I've followed you and look forward to your posts :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates