Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Sunday, 14 July 2013

Meet the Characters - An Interview with Serena

Today I am delighted that my leading female, Serena Jackson, has been able to take time about of her busy life of fighting Elementals to talk to me. Having started editing Elemental Killers #2 and planning book 3 I have spoken to her about the events in Deadly to Love. So everyone please give a warm welcome to Serena!


Interviewer: Hi Serena thanks for agreeing to let me interview you today, I know you’re really busy and probably have a lot on your plate right now. Is there a name you prefer to go by and would you like to tell the readers a little about yourself?

Serena: Hi, it’s no problem! Interviews make a nice change from the usual chaos in my life right now to be honest. Yeah, so I’m Serena, although most people call me Rea. I find it really hard to talk about myself at the moment…I’m finding out I have been kept in the dark about who I am all of my life and this has obviously led me to question a lot of things. I haven’t totally wrapped my head around the facts yet so it’s a struggle to say a lot.

Interviewer:  That’s totally understandable after what you have been through. How did you deal with it when you found out about the whole new world that had been in front of you all of your life but just out of reach?

Serena: Well, I’m the type of person who doesn’t like people to see me have a meltdown so I tried to appear calm and collected. That was not the case if you were inside my head at the time though. I’m not sure how I dealt with it really, I guess you just have to take it a day at the time and I mean, it’s not like I had a choice in the matter, the life chose me so you kind of just cope in those kinds of situations.

Interviewer:  I think we’ve all been there, trying to put on a calm façade when really we are a mess inside. It must be tough to try and keep up that façade when around your loved ones.

Serena: I’m lucky in a way, I only have to wear a mask when around my friends and family – which doesn’t seem to be very often right now – so it takes the pressure off. When I am around Kai I can be myself and he actually expects me to freak out about this new world and lifestyle. I’m not sure whether to take that personally as I don’t get scared that easily but overall he has been great.

Interviewer:  Well I wasn’t going to bring up your relationship with Kai…but since you mentioned him, why don’t you tell us a little about him?

Serena: Um… Well a lot of things with Kai are very hush-hush so if you’re looking for any gossip I’m afraid you’re going to be disappointed. Like I said before, he’s been great throughout this whole ordeal. He’s a shoulder to cry on, protects me and a genuine person who seems to care about people a lot, despite the act he puts on for people.

Interviewer:  So how would you describe your relationship with Kai? I’ve heard he’s a guy every girl would dream about dating.

Serena: [Sigh] I knew I shouldn’t have mentioned him, I do that a lot, think before I speak. Um… I enjoy spending time with Kai but we aren’t rushing anything. He’s there for me no matter what and we are just taking things a day at a time.

Interviewer:  Would you say you love him then?

Serena: [Blushes profusely] Erm, well….I’m a bit young to be talking about love right? He’s there for me when I need him and he is someone I would trust with my life. I’ve been through too much and don’t know what I feel about anything right now though.

Interviewer:  Sounds like you have deep feelings for him, are you sure you couldn’t say that it’s love?

Serena: Oh, would you look at the time. I’m sorry, it has been great talking to you but I’m going to have to rush off, I have an important meeting that I really can’t be late for [leaves room blushing]


Interviewer:  Well Serena seems to have left the building already so I guess that’s the end of the interview and I’ll leave you to make your own minds up about their relationship.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates