Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Friday, 9 August 2013

Feature Follow #2

Increase Blog Followers

Feature & Follow is a weekly hop organised by Alison Can Read and Parajunkie, to promote their blogs - as well as make new friends. This week is #161!

If you're following me through F&F, I'd love it if you could leave a comment here to let me know! I can follow back via GFC, Bloglovin', Twitter and Goodreads, or 'like' on Facebook page.



This week's question: 

Back to school. Create a reading list for the imaginary English Lit class you’ll be teaching this semester.


Well I never had the best experience with books chosen in my English Lit class, I used to hate them and they almost put me off reading again. I can't tell you how many boring  books (my opinion) I got forced to read. I know their classics but I don't care for them and think they're out-dated. So, my list would be modern, current books that are some of my favourites! And yes I do realise I've included my own book ;)

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) Divergent (Divergent, #1) Legend (Legend, #1) Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1) My Swordhand is Singing (My Swordhand is Singing, #1) Deadly to Love (Elemental Killer #1) Frozen Fire The Book Thief

And remember to stop by and enter my giveaway for an Amazon gift card! The more entries I get the more money I give away. HERE


13 comments:

  1. I love your choices. I was going to pick the hunger games and TFIOS but I decided against it and chose some of my classic coming of age favorites instead. I am a new follower! Check out MY F&F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classics have their place but new blood is good too! Nice list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Greg! For me classics have no place on my shelf, I haven't found one I can finish yet and high school just put me off them. I have too many new releases to read though which is what I love :)

    And Jazmen, I will check it out, thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list of books! I like seeing all new books. there are so many new good ones out there that need to be loved too!

    New follower on twitter and bloglovin!

    My FF + Giveaway!

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree with you more Amber! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh nice titles! Loved Divergent! Really must read Insurgent before October!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun list. I'd like to attend your class Mia.
    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. I ended up not liking 95% of the books I had to read for school. There were a few exceptions, but you're right in that they were totally boring. Add to the fact that once they are taught you are beating them into the ground with analysis, papers, and tests, and it made me hate them even more. High School English department across the US need a total makeover. Thanks for visiting my FFF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Lisa. I agree the pages of analysis were a nightmare. I had pages and pages of notes stating "the author meant this" from my teacher and being an author myself, I had seen the other side and was like, "in most cases the author doesn't plan that..."

    The UK one isn't much better - needs modernising! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Divergent and THG! I've got Legend and The Book Thief on my TBR! Great choices, I know what you mean about being forced to read something, it definitely takes the pleasure away!
    New follower via Bloglovin', Google+ and Twitter!
    Thanks for stopping by my FF!
    ~Tilly @ Hardcore Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Tilly! Yeah, I'm picky about the books I read and someone telling me I have to read it or I'd have failed an exam instantly makes me dislike it. I gave them a chance but never again :) Hope you enjoy Legend and The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked "Hunger Games" too because Katniss is such a good strong female protagonist. Here's mine Backchatting Books F&F

    Old Bloglovin' follower
    Vilia @ Backchatting Books

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates