- A marriage proposal (with an apology if it seemed inappropriate) - This did scare me slightly and was highly inappropriate in my opinion.
- An offer to write someone's manuscript for them from scratch - I was slightly confused by this, they gave me the idea and wanted me to write the book for them?
- An offer to turn someone's novel into a movie script - I declined politely as I have no experience in script writing. I do love acting though.
- A request for my address so someone could send me jfdjnisjdbcnwspdujc - actually you don't need to know what they wanted to send me, it's embarrassing even now.
- A few offers to trade picture (a few with apologies if I get offended) - I did not bother to respond to these, not only do they freak me out but I find it wrong and inappropriate.
- An offer to edit someone's manuscript - I was unsure why I got this as I only edit my books to a certain extent before handing them over to my editor.
- A request to sign a book - OK so this one isn't so weird as I am an author but it was a nice surprise as it was the first one.
Anyway that's just a few of the random and weird emails I have received since putting my books online. Thankfully my spam filter catches most of them but some still slip through and while there are a few that make me chuckle, most make me cringe and others irritate me (just ask my family, they have to listen to my rants). Any other authors out there have this problem or is it just me?