Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Thursday, 15 August 2013

Teaser (3) ~ Elemental Killers #2

I have been busy editing Elemental Killers #2 the last few weeks. I found some great software that lets me paste my manuscript into it and it reads it back to me. I can't tell you how helpful it as been. It not only helps me pick up on errors as you can hear it's the wrong word when it's being read out loud but it also helps me to focus on what is actually in front of me. 

I have found that focusing on what I have written is the main problem I have with editing as I know what I mean, so assume I've written what's in my head, therefore missing typos. This software highlights a paragraph at a time and then each individual words as it reads so I can follow it - great for helping me read what I have actually written! 

Anyway that's enough of my ramblings, here's the latest teaser from Elemental Killers #2. As it is from the partly edited manuscript please excuse any mistakes if you notice one and bare in mind the wording is subject to change on release.



"You're wrong Rea. If you can't keep the wall up, then there is no point in having it there in the first place," his voice changed as he spoke. It became sadder and he seemed to become more introverted. He didn't say anything else for a while, he just sat there in his own thoughts and I didn't interrupt him.
After about ten minutes he looked up giving me a weak smile. "Do you want to continue? With the training I mean. I promise no more kisses," he said but something seemed different about him. His eyes were haunted, clouded by his ghostly secrets that creased his forehead in despair.
I walked back over to sit on the same sofa he was but his eyes never met mine.

Happy Reading!
Mia
x

2 comments:

  1. What might the name of said software be? :) Nice teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The software is called Natural Reader.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates