Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Thursday, 26 September 2013

Book Tour ~ After the Fall by Ariadne - Guest Post

After the Fall

New Adult Romance
Date Published: 7/26/13

Blurb
The first time Natalie and Alex met, Natalie fell hard. Literally. The pair embark on a 3 month fling and after the fall Alex leaves the country. Natalie struggles to get on with her life and as it turns out, Alex can’t forget her either

Torn between what he feels for Natalie and loyalty to his father, Alex makes a choice that will change his life forever. But his overwhelming need to regain his father’s respect could ruin everything.



Buy Links: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | All Romance eBooks | Kobo | iBook

Excerpt

Heart pounding in my chest, I called the number. When it began ringing I nearly put the phone down but I couldn’t back out now. Not after all the time I’d spent searching.

“Hello?” said a very sleepy, confused sounding voice.

Shit. Mentally I counted in my head. It might be 9pm here but that made it 2am there. Not only had I randomly called someone who might not even be the person I was looking for but it was the middle of the night.

“Who’s there?”

The voice sounded a bit more awake now and was definitely Alex. My Alex.

I burst into tears. “Don’t marry her,” I whispered.

“What? Who is this? Is that Natalie?”

“Please don’t marry her,” I said, sobbing now. His voice sounded so good and I wanted him here with me, not a million miles away or however many it really was. Anywhere outside my bedroom was too far away.

Guest Post - A day in my writing life

I have a full time job, juggling that with my husband and two children and writing can be a real challenge.
Typically the day starts with getting out of bed and having a quiet coffee while checking the news before making breakfast for the kids and waking them up.  My youngest is teething at the moment (she’s two and a half) and she frequently acts as my alarm clock, sometimes as early as 4am.
Luckily my husband and I work for the same company so we do the school and daycare dropoff before heading in to work together and then leaving together at the end of the day.  After collecting the children, we head home and one of us cooks dinner.
Then finally, after both of the children are in bed I get to sit down in front of the television and write. I’m no good with silence, background noise really helps. During the weekend my youngest child can be playing in the living room, trashing it with toys and I’ll be completely oblivious to what’s going on around me as I concentrate on the words displayed on the screen.
I also take my laptop to work every day so have been known to sit in the lunch room when inspired, hammering out a chapter in my lunch break. It’s interesting as not everyone I work with knows I write so I do wonder sometimes what they think I’m doing!
Other than that I squeeze whatever I can out of the day. I have been known to type up notes on my phone in the car on the way home (I’m not driving so it’s safe!) and sit in bed late at night typing away while my husband sleeps.
There is no typical writing day, just a bunch of days full of chaos with me typing away when I can. I wouldn’t change it for anything either!

Ariadne Wayne
Ariadne Wayne wanted to be a journalist when she grew up. Real life got in the way as did her love of computers and after twenty years she decided to return to writing and is loving it. After a lifetime of making up stories in her head, she’s now recording them to share with others. Her quirky sense of humour often leads all kinds of places and sometimes into trouble. She balances writing with working full time and bringing up two children and a husband so struggles for air at times but loves every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates