Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Friday, 11 October 2013

Curiosity, Nerves and Excitement

My heart was pounding  like it was trying to break out of my chest. Every beat increased in speed as the bar drew closer to the end, signalling the loading was nearly complete. I could feel nerves coursing through my body as I waited for the page to load. As I spoke, my voice started to stutter from the nervous energy I was feeling so in the end I gave up. 

Peeking through my fingers I didn't want to look at the screen that had loaded before me...

Want to know what I was doing?


Only checking my book ratings on Goodreads.

That probably seems pretty dramatic and over the top right? I mean it's just three numbers and I have no control over what they say. However, I haven't been on Goodreads in a while and whenever I go to take a look at Deadly to Love's latest ratings I get incredibly nervous. It only gets worse the longer I leave it as well! 

I love the book and believe in it but when it comes to other people's views I can't be sure, there's always that slight doubt in my mind. I go through that ordeal every time I check out the ratings. There is only so long I can put it off before curiosity gets the better of me and no matter how much I want to not look, I'm curious to see what people think. 

When there's good reviews it can make my day. However, a bad review can bring down my day. I take the criticism on board eventually but the emotional reaction has to take place first and that what gets me so nervous - the thought that there might be something there that could put me in that mood.

Thankfully though today I was pleasantly surprised! During September I gained one 5 star, three 4 stars and three 3 star ratings! Which brings Deadly to Love's total to 42 - 5 stars, 11 - 4 stars and 5 - 3 stars! As well as that I'm up to number three in the UKYA 2013 list (thank you if you voted) and above ACID by Emma Pass which I loved.

I couldn't be happier with how you are all receiving the book and for those of you who haven't yet, it's still only 99c so get it now from Amazon while it's on offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates