Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Friday, 18 October 2013

Emotional Rollercoasters -What Books Have Made You Cry?

Yesterday I finished reading The Edge of Never by J A Resmerski and it is one of the few books that has brought tears to my eyes. It takes a lot to make me cry at either books or movies but that's proably down to the fact I don't like paying for something to make me sad so avoid them. Ask me to go see a comedian, watch a Rom-Com or read a HEA book and I'll jump at the chance. However, trying to get me to watch or read something that will either make me cry or dampen my day? It just doesn't happen.

You see I'm a hopeless romantic and love HEAs. I want everything to work out and this New Adult genre is killing me with all the trauma. Although most of the time things do work out the books are definitely an emotional roller coaster and I will admit I get a few strange looks from my family when I'm either laughing, smiling or crying to myself for no apparent reason. 

The Edge of Never was definitely not what I expected, it was a lot happier and playful - a book I would highly recommend. However there is just one section with a letter that got me. I welled up and could fight the tears. The book didn't half batter me emotionally but I loved it, it was a brilliant read!

It takes a lot for me to actually shed a tear over a book and only a few have accomplished such a task. 

What I really want to know is what books have made you cry or broken your heart?



Here's my list:


The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)
The Edge of Never
J. A. Redmerski
Before I Die
Before I Die
Jenny Downham
P.S. I Love You
P.S I Love You
Cecelia Ahern
Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
Wait For you
J. Lynn
















Leave me a comment with your titles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates