Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Thursday, 24 October 2013

Guest Post by Lorraine Wilson Author of Confessions of a Chalet Girl

Today I'm excited to host author, Lorraine Wilson who has kindly written a guest post for me. I may also be meeting her later on today at the HarperImpulse Autumn Fete which I can't wait for but that's another future blog post.

After getting advanced copies of both Confessions and Secrets of a Chalet Girl from HarperImpulse and loving them both I was intrigued about her inspiration behind the story. Here is her guest post on the subject so enjoy! And if you get the chance, go and pick up one of her books, they are perfect winter reads and brilliant romances :)



Guest Post ~ Inspiration
The wedding chapel from Secrets and it 
looks just like I imagined it too!

I love Switzerland, so when I was asked to write a series of Chalet Girl novellas I was a very happy bunny :) Partly because I can now justify all my trips as research but also because in my stories I get to revisit the places I love.

I’ve used a lot of the places I’ve visited in ‘Secrets of a Chalet Girl’. I came across a tiny wedding chapel on the ski slopes so with a little bit of artistic license have moved it to Verbier and turned it into a Ski Wedding location.

I’ve also used my favourite hotel in the world – the Mirador Kempinski (further towards Geneva than Verbier, overlooking the lake and French Alps. Watching the sunrise over the snow-capped Alps is a sight you never forget and it’s a fab place to chill.I always keep my eye out for inspiration – walks in pristine white snow, open-air hot tubs, log fires, chalet chic luxury and superfit snowboarders anyone?

It’s a hard job but someone’s got to do it :)
‘Secrets of a Chalet Girl’ is the follow-up novella to ‘Confessions of a Chalet Girl’. The Chalet Girl series is set in Verbier, the winter playground of the rich and famous and home to the seasonnaire-set.

More photos can be founnd on Pinterest
Read the first chapter of Secrets of a Chalet Girl for free Here

and buy here

You can also pre-order Revenge of a Chalet Girl here
To keep up to date with Chalet Girl Series news checkout my author page on Facebook 

Thanks for stopping by Lorraine, I can't wait for Revenge of a Chalet Girl to be released!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates