Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Saturday, 26 October 2013

HarperImpulse Autumn Fete

Harper Impulse
On Thursday 24th October I was invited down to London for HarperCollins' new romance and digital imprint, HarperImpulse's Autumn Fete. I jumped at the chance when I received the invitation as not only have I read and reviewed a lot of the books they've released (and loved them) but I was excited to finally put names to faces and meet everyone!

The Hereford Gang!
Taken by Kimberley Young
I will admit, I had my doubts about going and did go through a phase of "I'm not doing this anymore" because I couldn't find an outfit. Well, I had but then the company decided to tell me every dress I liked was out of stock after I paid for them. I won't get into the details as it's in the past, but the run around definitely made me consider declining the request.

I'm so glad I didn't though. The event was great! I met loads of lovely bloggers and authors and even though some of them named and shamed me for not having read Divergent or Mortal Instruments yet (I know I can't believe it either), it was a great laugh and couldn't have asked for a better night out! 

Bloggers and Publicists at the event.
Taken by Dasiy H (She also has my book!)
There were even two people from my home city, Hereford which shocked me. For those of you who don't know, Hereford is a tiny city and besides: Cider, crisps, cows and the SAS there isn't really anything here so no one normally knows where I'm talking about when I tell them where I'm from!

I'm hoping they will run another event which I will get an invite too :)



Happy reading,
Mia

P.S Amy - I read Divergent on the train home :) You were right it was great and I'll be starting the sequel after I read The City of Bones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates