Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Wednesday, 2 October 2013

The Idea Bug

Yesterday I told myself that I was going to take it easy. I planned to look for some new character names, work out some of the issues in my plan and then spend the rest of the day reading before heading out for a meal - you know, tasks that don't tax me too much. 

I thought that writing 49,0000 words in a week and completing the first draft of Elemental Killers 3 (in my set timescale) granted me a well deserved a break. However, try telling that to my mind!

Instead of having a slow, lazy day, the idea bug decided to hit me at around 7pm after I had created a list of names and was about to head out. Don't get me wrong I love it when ideas fall into place and everything starts to come together, I get really excited over the new book. What I would appreciate though, is one early night every so often. 

Once I had got back from a nice meal, I was torn between reading to relax myself or write the first few pages of my new novel which had come to me. It probably doesn't need stating that I chose option number two and started to put words on paper even though I was barely awake.

It was 3am by the time I stopped writing (something I'm paying for today) but I'm glad I've got the new book underway - even if I have no names and only half a basic plan. Although, I haven't read what I've written yet so this may be a bit presumptuous. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates