Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Saturday, 14 December 2013

Writing, Editing and Christmas

The last few weeks I have been busy finishing the first draft of my new novel. On Tuesday I typed the final two chapters of the manuscript which gives me 92,000 words to re-draft and edit now. I'm ecstatic that I managed to keep to my target of a writing a book in a month, however my editing pile is getting bigger as I've been putting it off-not something I should be doing really.

Anyway, for the last few days I have been staring at my paperback copy of Elemental Killers 3 and telling myself I should be starting to re-draft it. It takes me a while to switch from writing mode to editing mode so rather than just suck it up and get on with it I have been doing everything in my power to postpone it. 

Yesterday I made my first ever gingerbread house and then put up the Christmas decorations. We had some problems with the tree falling over so by the time I finished all of that it was too late to edit  - or so I told myself ;)

The day before that I spent the entire time searching for images for my new book's cover and playing around with designs. I think I have created something I'm really happy with and have ordered a paperback for me to re-draft from, but I'm not going to reveal anything until I've finalised everything. I  like being mysterious and making you all wait-mostly because I never know anything first-so it will be a while before you get to see anything. 

I will tell you that I managed to stick to my 'no romance' clause and it has turned out close to what I expected for once. It's going to be aimed at the upper young adult/new adult market due to some strong language and I have tried to fill it with plenty of action. It is a stand-alone book and written in the third person, which was all new to me but I really enjoyed writing about Cora's journey. Her temper, combined with her ability was fun to play with. However, for now that is all you're going to get out of me as I have probably said too much.


Today however, I forced myself to start editing Elemental Killers 3 in the hope I can get one read
through done before my new paperback arrives-a long shot but I work best under pressure. It took me an hour to work up to it but I finally put pencil to paper as you can see from my photo. I think it's going well. ;)


Oh and because I'm in a Christmassy mood, I have decided that Deadly to Love and Deadly to Promise will remain at 99c on Amazon until the new year as a present to you all! If you haven't got them while they're on offer, what are you waiting for? I think they would make great presents too, but I may be slightly biased!

Happy reading,
Mia
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates