10 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT STIR ME UP
1. The inspiration for Cami’s appearance, particularly her freckles, came from Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli.
2. In one deleted scene, Julian’s ex-girlfriend comes for a visit and Cami gets jealous.
3. The inspiration for Julian’s appearance came from a picture I saw of a young David Beckham, reclining on his side.
4. The key song for Julian for me was “Sail” by AWOL Nation – even though he has PTSD not ADD, it still really works for me for him.
5. When Taryn says Cami’s father is hot, she’s right. He looks like a cross between Brad Pitt and Jeroen Krabbé.
6. The setting for Stir Me Up was inspired by the Vermont town where I was raised.
7. The midnight soup was by far the most difficult recipe I had to create.
8. I wanted to make Julian a Celtics fan, but my husband and son – both die-hard Lakers fans -- refused to allow it.
9. All the mistakes in the Indian meal Cami makes for her family are ones I’ve actually made myself --- for my fortunately very-forgiving family.
10. The most fun scene for me to write was the first kiss. Here’s a fantastic original illustration of that moment, drawn by artist Leonard Morgan: