Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Monday, 14 April 2014

Writing Update: EKs 4, Beta Readers & Book Covers

I've been M.I.A (yes, it's been pointed out before that the letters spell my name) for the last few weeks as I've been busy with a few projects but I'm back now, and I have a few things to share! 

Firstly, I've been missing because I'd locked myself away in my writing cave for two weeks to work on Elemental Killers 4. I was determined to finish so I could move on to two exciting new projects; one book related and the other a new novel and on Friday I did. Standing at 73,000 words in the first draft, I had a really good day where everything was flowing and by the end of it I had finished the book and written 17,000. I wasn't expecting to finish it on the Friday and I'd scheduled the remaining chapters to take me up until Sunday but it was nice to get it done--even if it was exhausting.

It won't be released until the end of this year at the earliest but I can't wait to share Kai and Serena's final journey with you. It broke my heart to write and there were tears, I just hope you all enjoy it when you get the chance to read it--although Elemental Killers 3 will have to be released first...

Secondly, I'm in the process of re-writing my new stand-alone which I can't wait for you all to read. I will be looking for beta readers soon so keep watching my social networking sites and the blog for details as there will be limited copies.

Thirdly, Deadly to Love and Summer Demons have been getting some great reviews and ratings so a huge thank you to all those who have read my work and liked it enough to leave a review--you don't know how much they mean to me or how much they brighten my day!

Finally--and this is the news I'm most excited about right now--I'm going to be designing book covers. I've already started and my website is halfway there; I'm just trying to make enough covers to start it up. There will, of course, be more information when everything is nearer to completion but it has been a nice change of pace from writing. I've always loved graphic design and it's been in the back of my mind for a while but Elemental Killers got in the way. However, to celebrate my freedom from the series (for at least a month before edits start) the visual element has been a great way to relax.

Happy reading everyone! 
Mia
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates