Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Thursday, 4 December 2014

12 Days of Christmas ~ Meet Airicka Phoenix

Why Santa Can’t Be Trusted by Airicka Phoenix

As a child, I used to believe in Santa. I used to write to him every year with my wishes and wait dutifully Christmas morning for those pretty boxes under the tree. But it was around that time when the truth became known and my world was no longer the same.

I was six, or seven. I remember it was a brutally cold winter. The snow was over my head, mountains of it everywhere. People couldn’t even drive. Instead, every once in a while, we could see a snow jet zipping past the window. I was huddled under the five hundred year old tree that my mother never took down, not once in six years. That thing was hideous. But my mother loved it, so much so that she had it up all year round (inviting friends over was mortifying).

But there I was, sitting under an empty tree, watching a blue light flicker like a dying firefly, when a thought popped into my head.

Games of FireOnce a year, some guy bounces around the world, breaks into people’s homes and eats their cookies. The man was a crook! I wasn’t allowed cookies before or after dinner, yet this guy was eating thousands, maybe MILLIONS of them by the boatload. So, like any outraged kid, I marched over to my mom and placed my case: I wanted milk and cookies all day on Christmas, too. I thought I had a pretty good case. I mean, if she was willing to let some random stranger break into our home and nibble on our cookies after he spent the entire day eating cookies…well, that is just crossing a line. Where was the justice?

Yet despite my best efforts, my mom was unmoved by my very clever debating skills. She said I could have one (ONE!) cookie after supper, BUT only if I eat everything on my plate. Talk about insult to injury. My decision in this ‘Santa Claus’ was sealed in that moment. He was a cookie stealing con artist. He could not be trusted.

Touching Smoke (Touch, #1)Now, at the wise old age of something around twenty-thirty years old, I’m the one pulling the con. I eat the cookies my children put out Christmas night. I drink the milk. I tell my children the lies. We recently moved and my six year old’s first question was: how will Santa find us? As any parent would, I assured her that I sent Santa our new address before we left and he sent me an email back saying he’d received it. My baby girl is apparently smarter than I was at that age, because she refused to be satisfied until I showed her this magical email. But in the end, it all worked out. She was convinced and the world was right again. Our new place has a fireplace and is good to go for stockings. Now…if we could only decide on the tree…

Wherever you are, whatever you believe in, Christmas isn’t about gifts. It isn’t about stolen cookies (mostly). It’s about the lights. The right kind can make or break your entire décor. ;) No, I’m teasing. It’s about family. About sharing every second of that day with those you can stand to see every morning before coffee and have yet to murder. It’s about reflecting. So this Christmas, have a sip of your favorite drink for me and another for your health and family. Be blessed and happy no matter what tomorrow may bring. And remember that you are never alone.


From my family to yours, may you have a warm, chocolaty holiday and a bright and joyous New Year.

All the best,

Airicka Phoenix

About the Author

Airicka Phoenix
Airicka Phoenix lives in a world where unicorns, fairies and mermaids run amok through her home on a daily basis. When she’s not chasing after pixies and rounding up imps, also known as her four children, she can be found conjuring up evil villains, bad-ass heroines and swoon-worthy heroes to play with.

Airicka is singlehandedly responsible for her greatly anticipated collections, The Touch Saga, The Lost Girl Duology, The Regeneration Series, Games of Fire & Betraying Innocence. She also writes mature paranormal & contemporary romance under the dark guise of Morgana Phoenix. To date, she is responsible for The Sons of Judgment Saga, & In The Dark Series.

For more about Airicka and the realm she rules with an iron fist—and tons of chocolate—visit her at:

Website |Newsletter

Facebook:
Airicka's Page | Morgana's Page | Airicka’s Mystical Creations | The Dark Realm | The Touch Saga Page

Twitter (@AirickaPhoenix) | Goodreads | Google+

Book Pages: Amazon.com | Amazon.ukAmazon.ca | Amazon.de | Amazon.fr | Amazon.jp

Come back tomorrow to read a post from Amy Lamont

US Only



INT


2 comments:

  1. This was so much fun!!!! Thank you so much for having me be part of the 12 Days of Christmas. You rock, Mia!

    Best wishes,
    Airicka <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no problem! Thanks for taking part :) x

      Delete

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates