Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Friday, 5 December 2014

12 Days of Christmas ~ Meet Amy Lamont

CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS


Christmas with the Billionaire (Holiday Encounters Book 1)
In my latest release, Christmas with the Billionaire, the heroine, Emma, lost her parents when she was a teenager. In the years since, she’s kept the memory of them alive by continuing on with the holiday traditions they shared together. For Emma, this means returning every Christmas to the Hotel Wynter, the place where her parents first met, and the place she first lays eyes on the enigmatic Nathaniel Wilder.

Christmas traditions are important in my family, too. There are some things that have been passed on for generations—baking cookies using my grandmother’s recipes, traditional Christmas dinners, and decorating the tree as a family. I love when we pull out the ornaments every year and reminisce about where they came from. A few antique ornaments from my grandparent’s grace our tree every year. And I knew without a doubt my husband was the one for me when we each pulled out collections of Christmas ornaments saved from our childhoods.

The Christmas fun really started once I had children of my own. My girls love keeping up the family traditions and we’ve created many new ones of our own. Now, every December we begin getting visits from Clyde, our Elf on the Shelf. He’s a mischievous little guy who has been known to bring small gifts and surprises throughout the season. We also host a party every Christmas Eve. Nothing is as exciting when we wave good-bye to our guests and head inside to leave out a plate of cookies and milk for Santa and some carrots for the reindeer. And it fills me with joy knowing that someday my kids will be passing these traditions down to families of their own.

How about you? Any holiday traditions that you just can’t skip?


Joyfully Yours

Joyfully Yours is Joyfully FREE: From now until December 5th, my sweet Christmas novella will be free on Amazon. Just a little something fun to kick off the holiday season!

And Christmas with the Billionaire releases December 5th, exclusively on Amazon. For a limited time, it will be priced at only 99¢.





About the Author

Amy Lamont writes contemporary and New Adult romance about quirky heroines and hunky heroes. Over the years she’s had some jobs she loved (working as a program coordinator for a non-profit animal rescue), some jobs she liked (freelance writing), and some jobs she hated (her experience as a waitress has turned her into the excellent tipper she is today). But nothing gives her greater joy than writing romances that pack an emotional punch and come with a guaranteed happily ever after.

Amy lives in New England with her husband, twin daughters, and two rescue mutts. She loves chatting with readers. To get in touch, visit her at www.amylamont.com
Continue reading for a post by L.P. Dover
US Only



INT


5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me, Mia!! Happy to kick off the holiday celebrations over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for taking part :-)

      Delete
  2. We always have a buffet dinner on Christmas. It was started years ago when I was a little girl and my mom couldn't tear us away from our presents long enough to sit down and eat. Even though my kids are older and we have given up doing the present thing (never enough money and the emphasis is on CHRISTmas and not material goods now) we still have the buffet every year. And certain foods must be there. Mini hot dogs, turkey and gravy, my mom's strawberry chip cookies among other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I haven't heard of strawberry chip cookies before, but they sound good.

      Delete
  3. Love the idea of the buffet dinner, Kari. We sort of do a buffet brunch. Hubby makes a breakfast casserole and we do cookies and mimosas. Same reasoning as you--it let's us get something to eat without having to pull the kiddos away from their gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates