Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Sunday, 7 December 2014

12 Days of Christmas ~ Meet M. H. Soars

Hi, everyone! M. H. Soars here. I'm the author of The Prophecy of Arcadia, the first book in the YA Paranormal Romance series Arcadian Wars. I'm so glad to be participating in the 12 Days of Christmas Event that Mia Hoddell put together. For my blog post I decided to introduce two of my main characters . As a reader, I love to have some kind of information about the characters before I start a new book. And if that comes with a visual, even better. So here it is folks, meet Sam and Matt from The Prophecy of Arcadia.

  Sam Info card  MattInfo card

Did I make you curious? Want to get to know them more? Here is a little excerpt for you: The ride to the airport was painful. It was hard for me to stay so near Matthew and not be able to say anything to him, or touch him. He was tense, that much I could tell. I thought that he was going to say he was sorry for what had happened in his room, but he stayed quiet during the entire trip. I knew that he wasn’t the only one to blame, but I had raised the white flag before, and look at what had happened. He seemed to be content with the radio station I had picked. Heavy metal wasn’t really my thing, but it definitely fit my mood today. It took us forty minutes to get to the Santa Barbara Municipal Airport, but it felt like much longer than that. By the time we arrived, my body hurt from all the tension. I checked the arrivals monitor. Alexia’s plane had already landed. Matthew mumbled something about going to get a magazine, and I walked to the arrivals hall by myself. He was really trying to avoid my company. One part of me was glad, but another part was hurting because of his indifference. I had been pushing him away for the longest time, and I knew that one day he would give up on me, but it hurt nonetheless. Alexia emerged five minutes later. We hugged each other and laughed. “I am so glad to see you, cuz. You have no idea,” I said. “Me too!” she replied and then looked around. “Where is Matt? I thought he was coming too.” “He’s here. He went to get a magazine.” Alexia seemed to be on cloud nine, and she looked really good. I half expected to find her pale and tired. The whole deal with Thomas had hit her hard, and I was glad she didn’t look worn out. Maybe she was finally getting out of her funk. We found Matthew in front of the magazine stand. He wasn’t alone. I immediately recognized the guy he was with, Julian Mackenzie, a sort of a celebrity at LJM Prep. Not only was he the quarterback, but he was also the great-grandson of the founder of our school. I didn’t know that Matthew was familiar enough with him to have a conversation. Julian would be a “celebrity” no matter what, considering his credentials, but the fact that he was really good-looking only added to his appeal. He had curly, dark hair cut short and properly styled, baby blue eyes, and lips made for kissing. He was almost as tall as Matthew but more muscular, thanks to football. When the guys noticed our approach, they immediately stopped talking. Matthew walked toward Alexia and held her in a bear hug. I watched them, feeling a little bit nostalgic, until Julian waved at me. “Hi there,” he said. “I don’t think we’ve officially met. I’m Julian.” He offered me his hand. “I’m Sam.” As I shook his hand, I felt a tiny current going from his hand to mine. Julian didn’t seem to notice. I dismissed it as some residual side effect from my earlier power surge. “I know,” he said. I was taken aback. Not that I cared much that I had fallen on Julian’s radar but I was surprised nonetheless. I was about to reply when Matthew interrupted us. “Shall we?” he asked me, ignoring Julian. It was like he couldn’t wait to get rid of him. I noticed Julian’s frown and felt embarrassed for Matthew’s rude behavior. However, Julian chose to ignore the jab. “Who is your friend?” he asked as he pointed at Alexia. “Oh, hi. I’m Alexia. Don’t mind Matt, he has terrible manners. I’m their cousin from Santa Fe,” she said as she shook his hand. “It’s fine. I was just telling Matt about my party tomorrow. You should all come,” replied Julian. “Sean is DJing.” He was talking to Alexia but kept glancing in my direction. If I was any other girl, I would be swooning by his presence alone, but Julian’s pedigree and good looks didn’t impress me that much. “Oh, cool. Yeah, we would love to come.” Alexia replied, forgetting even to check with us to see if we hadn’t already made other plans. Matthew didn’t look too happy about the development, but he just said, “We’ll see.” Alexia and I said goodbye to Julian and followed Matthew. Two seconds later, Julian called my name. I turned to see what he wanted. “Don’t forget to bring a swimsuit. People tend to get very wet at my parties.” He winked at me. It was impossible to miss his innuendo, and I could feel my cheeks heating up. Maybe I wasn’t completely immune to Julian after all. Matthew grabbed my arm and dragged me with him. I pulled free from his grasp and gave him an angry stare. What did he think he was doing? I walked ahead, letting him sulk alone. As soon as we reached the car, he turned to me. “What the hell was that?” “Excuse me?” I asked, unable to disguise my indignation. “I should be asking you that same question.” I couldn’t believe he was pulling this crap now, in front of Alexia. What if he lost control again? Alexia looked at us alarmed. “What's wrong, guys?” Matthew was turning red, and his hands were shaking. I had to do something about it, and now. I tried to remember what I had done to him this morning. I walked over to him, grabbed his arms and stared right into his eyes. To my dismay, his eyes were glowing like molten gold. If Alexia looked close enough she would see it. “Matt, look at me.” I didn’t want to cause a scene in front of Alexia, but I sensed I was losing him. “Stop it. Whatever it is you think I did, we’ll talk about it at home.” I tried to put as much emphasis on my words as I could. I didn't feel any current of power going through me this time, but Matthew’s eyes returned to normal and I let go of him. “We will,” he said, then turned to Alexia. “I’m sorry about that, Alexia. It’s just that Julian is not to be trusted, that's all.” Alexia was looking at us in bewilderment. “Fine. No need to go postal. You two fight like an old married couple, you know?” She opened the passenger side door. “Let’s get out of here. I’m dying to see the rest of the gang.” The Prophecy of Arcadia is available on Amazon for only $0.99 this week.There is also a deal happening on Amazon UK starting tomorrow. The price goes back to $3.49 after that, so don't miss out on this great opportunity. And if you have Kindle Unlimited you can read it for FREE! Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1wmJLMo Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1ynyTjO Find out more about future releases and special promos by visiting my website and signing up for my newsletter: www.mhsoars.com

Read on for a post by Stacy Claflin
US Only



INT


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates