Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Wednesday, 3 December 2014

12 Days of Christmas ~ Meet Ottilie Weber


Character interview ~ Riley Nolan


1. What made you join the Marines?I grew up in that life, and like it. The idea that I'm part of a bigger picture, that my job is protect others.

2. Do you think the scars have changed you?Yes, I've been told I'm grouchy, but I figured I lived through an explosion I can act however I want.

3. What did you do to keep yourself busy in the hospital?I mostly kept to myself, didn't talk to many. Occasionally though I would mess with the nurses like drop things on the ground for them to have to pick up. I pretended to be asleep then scare them.

4. You spend time with your niece and nephew, what do you like doing with them?I would do anything for those two. They are the loves of my life. I love reading with them as they curl up with me. I've gone to the movies with them, I've taught them how to play mini golf. I have played games with Madison since she is older. I will let you in on a little secret, but I have played dress up and Barbies with my niece as well.

5. Genevieve likes to tell jokes, what was your favorite when you were little?I preferred playing jokes on others than to tell them. I'm lucky to have survived my teens with my sister.

6. Chocolate or vanilla?Chocolate, no doubt.

7. Do you have any hidden talents?Other than my wit? I'd say, I can wiggle my ears.

8. You're a single guy who lives alone, what is your favorite meal to cook for yourself?
Anything quick, I've become lazy when I realized that it was going to be an everyday thing. Spaghetti has been a recent favorite, when I'm feeling ambitious I make meatballs too.

9. What do you look for a woman?
Someone who isn't a ditz, and has a good heart. I want what my sister has, a family. I need someone who has a good heart and will not only be a good mother, but can still look at my face. Being beautiful wouldn't hurt either.

10. Are we likely to hear more from you?
Hopefully, we just need to make sure Ottilie keeps moving.

Find out more about Riley in Beneath the Scars

November 2, 2013
292 pages

Corporal Riley Nolan is back home and out of the hospital after sustaining severe injuries in a skirmish overseas. His physical injuries may be healed, though he is left with horrible scars all over his body. His mind is still healing, and he has almost no contact with the world outside his small dark apartment.

After the death of her parents and being forced to sell their house and move into an apartment in a new town, Eponine is left picking up the pieces while trying to maintain a normal life for her little sister, Genevieve.

Can these new neighbors help each other heal, finding the light and laughter in the world again? Most importantly, can Eponine help Riley see he's not the monster he believes himself to be beneath the scars?

About the Author

My Photo
Ottilie Weber grew up in Wall, New Jersey, not far from the beach. She always has a book in her hands or nearby, despite her dyslexia. She graduated from The College of New Jersey, earning a degree in History Secondary Education. Ottilie has a passion for writing, where she is ready to take on the next project. Her family and close friends are there to help her take on the bumps or potholes in the road.
US Only



INT


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates