Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feed photo goodreads_icon_zps7ecb2984.png

Thursday, 16 April 2015

Character Interview - Summer Demons

 
I've decided to interview two of my characters, Jenna and Ethan, from Summer Demons today.

Mia: Firstly, thanks for agreeing to the interview. I know you’ve been extremely busy since your holidays.

Ethan/ Jenna: No problem. It sounded like it would be fun.

Mia: So, Jenna, speaking of holidays, yours didn’t exactly go as planned. Could you tell us a little about that?

Jenna: Well … it wasn’t really a holiday. I was in a bad place back then and I thought I could run away from my problems—or at least give myself a break from them. Turns out you can’t, especially when this goon over here decides to pull a practical joke on me, without ever having spoken to me. [points over her shoulder at Ethan as she’s sat on his lap]

Ethan: Hey, I’ve apologised numerous times for that! You’re never going to let me forget it, are you?

Jenna: Of course not. You gave me a panic attack in the middle of a resort. You’re lucky I gave you a chance at all. [Laughing, she leans back against him]

Ethan: [tickling Jenna] See what she puts me through?

Mia: All right, behave! We can see you love one another, but I want to know what first attracted you to each other?

Jenna: That’s easy, I wasn’t. In fact I found him annoyingly cocky, and I only agreed to go out with him eventually to get him to leave me alone. My plans have a habit of failing, as you can see.

Ethan: So the truth finally comes out!

Jenna: You’ve known that all along.

Ethan: [rolls eyes] Anyway, to answer your question properly, it was the way she looked on that li-lo when I first saw her. The sequins on her bikini were shining in the sun, and I couldn’t look away.

Mia: Well, we know what happened next. Have you really not forgiven him for the joke, Jenna?

Jenna: Nah, I was just kidding about that. Although it wasn’t great at the time, it’s probably one of the best things that’s happened to me. He forced me to face all of my problems.

Ethan: You also got me out of it, don’t forget that.

Jenna: Yeah … that too. Anyway, he couldn’t do anything right to begin with, but I’m glad he stuck with me. It all worked out in the end.

Mia: Speaking of the end, readers have been asking me what happened back in England after you flew home. Can you tell us anything interesting?

Jenna: You really want to know that? I mean, we’re not the most exciting couple around …

Ethan: She’s lying. She made me meet her parents, which was eventful to say the least.

Mia: Oh, that sounds interesting. Why don’t you tell everyone what happened?

Jenna: It was so cute, I’ve never seen him so nervous!

Ethan: I was not. I was perfectly at ease … at least until your dad started interrogating me. I thought he was going to throw me out of the house! I can understand protective fathers, but her dad took it to the extreme. It’s all good now, though.  I think you’ve continued our story in the box set, right? [frowns at her back]

Jenna: I warned you I’d get you back for your prank, it’s not my fault you didn’t believe me.

Mia: Well it’s great to hear you made him pay, Jenna. And yes, Ethan you have an exclusive story in the box set. Do you know what the future holds for you two?

Ethan: Marriage, kids, and nice house in the country. Hopefully soon.

Jenna [eyes wide and mouth open. It takes her a while to recover] What?

Ethan: Gottcha again, that makes it 17-4.

Jenna: Don’t do that to me! I swear he's going to give me a heart attack. He likes to keep score of how many pranks we pull on each other and, as you heard, he’s winning. Anyway, to answer your question, we’re just seeing where things go and enjoying being together. We’re only nineteen so no big plans as of yet.

Mia: That’s understandable, and I think that about wraps it up. Thanks for stopping by guys and good luck with the future.

Ethan/Jenna: Thanks! Bye everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think so leave me a comment! :)

*I have enabled comment moderation to limit spam*

 
 
Blogger Templates